The Antarctic Treaty Meeting of Experts (ATME) on climate change and implications for Antarctic management and governance will be held in Svolvær, Norway from 6 – 9 April 2010.
The Terms of Reference for the meeting were adopted at ATCM XXXII (Baltimore, 6-17 April 2009) through Decision 1 (2009).
During the meeting the following issues will be discussed:
- Key scientific aspects of climate change
- Key consequences of such change to the Antarctic marine and terrestrial environment
- Implication of such consequences to management of Antarctic activities
- The need for monitoring, scenario planning and risk assessment
- Outcomes of the Copenhagen negotiations relevant for the Antarctic
- The need for further consideration of any of the above issues and manners in which this can be achieved